- Build collaborative research and local infrastructure in the area of pharmaco-logical bio-exploration, lead validation, and product development
- Create high value, environmentally-friendly enterprises in partnering countries and catalyze local, research-based, private industry.
- Develop value-added agriculture and ecologically sustainable harvesting means.
- Partner with large pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics, or nutraceutical companies to market products internationally, assuring adequate benefit sharing with the source country.
- Bring economic benefits and employment opportunities to all participants and real value to farmers, processors, and entrepreneurs.
- Create a system that grants intellectual property rights and a fair share of the financial benefits to those who are contributing to the research, product development, and the preservation of biodiversity in the source country.